Saturday 17 March 2012

The Postal Stamp

The Postal Stamp


 

With Aspiration and Design, printed was I,

The land and Beyond Inhabited my eyes,

Didn’t know what lied and what I would carry,

A message for the parted, gift for loved or a reason to be merry.


But I wished I was taken, the longest it could be,

The land unseen, people unknown, per avian or by sea,

To be valued for what I am, be able to show the world.

What I am made of, what it means to be me.


So I got pasted to the biggest of the packs,

The address seemed unknown, sender unbothered to track.

I held by breath, for best prayed to my creator,

With dreams turning to reality, didn’t want to fall back.


And off we went, on the highway and on the flight,

The fear of unknown further gripped me tight,

We went on the journey turning long and longer,

I lost the track of the day and of the night.


The moment finally struck, and we knocked on the door,

Two rushing hands, numerous keen eyes, waited up a floor.

The party was on and the gift had arrived.

In time we reached so fruitful was the ride.
 
 
I felt proud and happiness soaked in,

A dream came true but doubt poked in.

What happens now, is it thus the end ?

Of sour, sweet and bitter, I was sipping the blend.



Then the gift was opened, lit everyone’s eyes,

The wrapper got trashed and so was I,

It was the end, I started to accept,

Every high has a low, I was living the concept.



We were getting carried, to be thrown in the bin,

Living my dreams was turning out to be a sin.

But destiny has a way of giving you the best,

All of a sudden we were brought to rest.



Then a soft hand felt me, and with care took me off,

I was placed on velvet, for never to doff.

I was getting collected, for the reason I was so rare,

The long distance I travelled paid off my fare.



So here I am, a postal stamp that stuck,

Reached where I willed to, with my share of luck.

Held to my dream and never let ‘em go,

As dream were still clear, when the ‘real’ was in muck.



Be a postal Stamp, stick till you reach there,

But it’s hard to know, where is your ‘there’.

Have faith in your dreams, they never let you fail,

Destiny is, not the address, to what you are mailed.

……Rakesh





































































































No comments: